Monday, October 8, 2007

I love Ann Arbor

I regularly feel gratitude for being able to live somewhere like Ann Arbor, Michigan. I first got the idea for this blog after having been fortunate enough to join my 9 year old son, Gabriel, on a field trip. We went to the Power Center for Performing Arts downtown. It is a wonderful venue and hosts many, many talented artists. We saw Shen Wei, which is a group that performs Chinese Opera. It was a beautiful, yet tragic story, complete with singing and elaborate costumes. I think the story line may have been somewhat over the heads of many in the audience (all schoolchildren and their chaperones), but nonetheless such valuable exposure to something very different than we are used to. This is one of the many things that I appreciate about this city. There is so much offered here. We have a wonderful, diverse community and activities that reflect this. If you are considering moving to Ann Arbor, or want to learn more about it, check back to this blog often or contact me through my web site at www.a2homegrown.com .

No comments: