Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Ann Arbor loves its parks!



One of the things that I love the most about Ann Arbor is that we have a lot of wonderful parks. We have playgrounds, we have woods, we have large, open fields. Close to 100% of all park millages have passed because we value our parks. Regardless of where you buy a home in the city, you will have a park nearby. My home backs up to Leslie Science Center on the city's north side, so one of my favorite and most often visited parks is Black Pond Woods. It has lovely trails and a pond with lots and lots of frogs! Above is a recent picture of the woods.


If I'm more in the mood for sun on my back I might head over to Barton Park. The park runs along the Huron River. Since I have a wee pup who likes lots of exercise, I frequent many parks in town. It is gorgeous this time of year, with the colors beginning to come out.



In addition to being a great place for a pup to take a dip on a hot day, the Huron River is a wonderful place for canoeing and kayaking. We are lucky to have it running through our town and to have so many parks along its banks.

No comments: